Monday, May 23, 2016

Nag-aaral ako ng tagalog

This week went pretty well. Once again a lot of driving. We said goodbyes Monday for Elder Hernandez and then Tuesday we headed down to Bakersfield. I got Elder Puyogao and we headed back. Elder Puyogao is awesome. he is teaching me a bunch of one liners in tagalog. We had to meet with the sisters that were taking over first ward and explain to them the area and things like that. 

Wednesday we had an hour and meet the assistants to get the new phones. The mission just switched from sprint to at&t. So we went and picked up the phones and brought them back. 

We were able to find a few new people to teach this week so we will hopefully be able to continue to find and progress someone to baptism for June. 

This Sunday I gave a talk in church. It was on "the power of repentance". I talked about what true repentance looks like and the change or effect that takes place within us when we are truly repentant. I talked about how when we find relief from something we want to share it with others. I shared the story from Elder Bednar in the 2014 general conference talk titles "come and see". Its a funny story and a great talk. I talked about how sometimes we have fear in sharing the gospel. We have a fear of rejection or that we don't want our friends to think were just super crazy about sharing the gospel. But there is great comfort in this scripture. 3 Nephi 18:31-32

 31 But if he repent not he shall not be numbered among my people, that he may not destroy my people, for behold I know my sheep, and they are numbered.
32 Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them.
Continue to share the gospel with those you know. Your testimony can go a long way. When we bear fervent testimony we are giving the spirit the opportunity to bear witness of the things that what we are saying are true. That is the easiest way to invite the spirit. Bear your testimony.
Other than that not a whole lot happened. Its really slow right now as we are in the rebuilding process. 
-Elder Loertscher

No comments:

Post a Comment