Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Too Much TO Learn May 2,2016

This past week was incredible. I have never learned so much in one week. A lot of it I'm not going to share because it is not my story to tell. But a lot of the people we are working with right now are experiencing some tough life trials. Hearing them pour their hearts out to you about the trials and if they don't know if they can make it through it really makes an impact on you. When this mother talked about her daughters trial it got me teary eyed and if many of you know me well you know I'm usually not a crier. But it is amazing to see how the Gospel puts a light in them and gives them " a perfect brightness of hope" as Nephi explains to us. The gospel really does changes our lives if we let it. 

On a positive note we had 3 baptisms this past weekend :) :) :) 
I got to baptize one of the girls. It was a lot of fun working with this family. 

On Sunday it was super crazy because we had 4 confirmations to do during sacrament meeting. One of them was from the lady who got baptized last week before stake conference. But it was so cool to be able to see so many people get confirmed. We were really busy this week with lessons, service, and getting stuff ready for the baptism. 

For service this week we did some yard work for a member. We also helped out with this big community service project at the fairgrounds in Ridgecrest. 

A lot of what I wanted to share is probably to personal regarding others lives so today might be a little bit shorter of an email. I'm grateful to be in ridgecrest even though here soon it is going to start getting to be like 115 outside. But rain or shine the work must go forward and it always will. I love this work and the joy it brings to others and to me. Hope you all have a great week. 

Love you all lots.  

-Elder Loertscher

No comments:

Post a Comment