Tuesday, May 5, 2015

#GETSHEAVES (D&C 75:5) April 13,2015



If you are wondering why the subject for the email is #getsheaves that is our mission motto right now. We are doing a mission wide fast with all the stakes in our mission for missionary work and for them to have missionary opportunities. In doing so we will have many (sheaves) on our back with people to teach so #GETSHEAVES

Anyways i will tell you about the week briefly because i want to focus on something at the end of the email. 

Monday- went on an incredible hike with our district it was so much fun. 
Tuesday- went on an exchange with the zone leaders that went really well
Wednesday-went on an exchange with the assistants and that was awesome we found so many people in their area.  
Thursday-weekly planning and a lesson with some less actives
Friday- district meeting and a service project for a non member
Saturday- elder J got super sick so we spent today inside
Sunday- we went to church and someone is our zone had a baptism so we went to that and gave the missionary moment during it. 

It was a good week of finding and some great exchanges. 

So now to what i want to focus on. 
In one of my personal studies this week i studies the saviors last sentences found in the four gospels. I want to point out how selfless he was. 

1) "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34)
2) "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43)
3) "Woman, behold thy son; behold thy mother" (John 19:26)
4) "My god, my God why hast thouh forsaken me" (Matt 27:46)
5) "I thirst" (John 19:28)
6) "It is finished" (John 19:30)
7) "Father into thine hands i commend my spirit" (Luke 23:34)

It amazes me about how someone can be so selfless. He looked way beyond himself. His first sentence was to the guards who held him captive. His enemies were who he spoke about first. Then he spoke to the men on the cross with him. then he talked to his mother and then he worried about himself. I hope we can all gain this level of selflessness. 



​best hike ever. 

I hope you all have a good week. 

Love,
Elder Loertscher

No comments:

Post a Comment