Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Transfer, Temple Visit, and Most Interesting Sunday Ever June 20,2016

So we got calls for the upcoming transfer on Saturday. I am................ staying. Our whole zone for the most part is staying which is weird. So I will be spending the remainder of my mission in Ridgecrest. This past week was very interesting as a whole and I think interesting is the only word to describe it best. I'll start with yesterday. There was a moth flying around all of sacrament meeting. Then during the sacrament one of the deacons water trays broke and it fell all over the ground. I felt bad for him he was pretty embarrassed. 

This week we got to go the LA temple. It was so much fun. It took forever to get down there though. We left at 7 an got there at 10 and left around 2 and didn't get home until 5:30 so that was pretty much our whole day. LA is a pretty crazy city.

This week we had a pretty cool experience. On Tuesday we had apartment inspections. Those were at 10:15. Well at 10:00 i had a little thought that we should go to a members house to get ice for our waters. As we got outside our apartment, across the street was this lady who was delivering bread. (albertsons alley entrance backs up to the front of our apartment) She somehow was about to drop like 50 crates of bread so we ran across the street to help her and she felt so embarrassed because she had been holding it for like 3 minutes and no one saw her and could help her so she was pretty grateful. Then when we left there and headed to the members house they said as soon as we got there "how did you know we needed you help". We had to help them push a car somewhere because it wouldn't work. Its little promptings like that where they go a long way. It was cool to see it all play out. And we got a perfect 10 on our apartment so all is well. 

We had a few lessons this week but no one super solid towards baptism. 

This week i was reminded of the importance once again of the knowledge of our eternal identity. That we are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. In church yesterday someone gave a talk based off of my favorite talk from conference. The talk given by Elder Hallstrom. below is a link to his talk.


also here is a great mormon message. 


Anyways sorry for that tangent. As i was pondering upon this topic i was thinking about classic examples of people who KNEW without a doubt that they were children of our heavenly father. What came to my mind was the story of Moses in the Book of Moses. In chapter one Moses is told 3 times from God that he is his son. Of course then comes along the person who wants to take that image away from us. Lucifer. He tells Moses that he is a son of man and Moses' responses is amazing. Let's look at the story. 

 4 And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease.

 6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.

7 And now, behold, this one thing I show unto thee, Moses, my son, for thou art in the world, and now I show it unto thee.

12 And it came to pass that when Moses had said these words, behold, Satan came tempting him, saying: Moses, son of man, worship me.

 13 And it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said: Who art thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten; and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?
 
Moses obviously had a great understanding of his divine potential. As i was pondering this topic the words came to me. "our purpose of coming to the earth is to measure up to our divine potential". The spirit really helped me understand i have a great purpose of coming to this earth and that i am from a noble birthright. 

I hope and pray you all understand that principle as well because it truly does change our perspective. 

I hope you all have a great week. 

-Elder Loertscher

No comments:

Post a Comment