Tuesday, February 16, 2016

MTC Sisters I Came Out With Go Home 2/15/2016

Tomorrow the sister missionaries that came out with me go home. I cant believe that is has already been 18 months. It is crazy how fast time flies. I only have 4 transfers left. On the topic of transfers I am staying. My companion Elder Boy is going to North Bakersfield. My new companion is Elder Burke. He came out with me. We served in the Ana Verde ward together for 6 months.(not as companions) (he was companions with elder Fernandes who was my last companion). I'm super excited. It will be a good transfer. Before I get ahead of myself and this upcoming transfer. This past transfer was great with Elder Boy we had 3 baptisms together. He is a great missionary

This past weekend our investigator Rafael got baptized :)  
We had stake conference this past weekend and he sang in the choir. Best recent convert ever. He is such a cool dude.  

On another talk we saw some amazing miracles this week. 

We were in this lesson with another one of our YSA investigators. A little on his past. He was dating a member and has been to youth conferences and things of that nature. He was actually there to see his girl friend get set apart as a missionary. When he was there witnessing the setting apart he said he felt the spirit. He described what he felt and it was definitely the spirit. The importance of that will play a factor in a minute. We were having a hard time answering his concerns. He did have some doubts. We just went asking the right questions. It was a little frustrating honestly to not see him agree. So as we were teaching I prayed that Elder Boy and I and our member could be filled with the spirit to be able to ask the right questions and that the spirit would be able to touch his heart so he will be able to know it is true without a doubt. After closing the prayer I felt inspired to ask a question. He answered. After he answered he explained to us that as we asked that question he felt the spirit "like at the setting apart". He finally accepted that he knows this is true. He cannot deny it. He is on tract to be baptized. It is amazing how the spirit is really the factor in someones conversion process. I love the scripture in doctrine and covenants which in this case took a very literal meaning. 

D&C 42:14 
14 And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

I love the tender mercies that come from the Lord in missionary work. 

I love being a missionary. That was one of the many miracles we saw this week. I don't have time to write them all but it was a great week. I hope you all enjoy your day off today and have a great week.

-Elder Loertscher




​haha oh Lancaster. Gotta love a mission in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment