Friday, January 15, 2016

SNOW!!!!!! January 11,2016

This week was very interesting. On Tuesday we had the last transfer meeting this mission will ever have. We will now with transfers just go to our new area. On Wednesday we had MLC. It was so great to be at that meeting. Last month we had 61 BAPTISMS as a mission. That is the highest its ever been. And as a mission we've found 1704 new investigators in a month. Back at the beginning of my mission we were having 20 to 30 baptisms and only finding around 500 a month as a mission. The mission expectation has changed so much. While we were in MLC it started to snow. MLC is in Tehachapi which is one of two places it snows in our mission. It was so great to see snow. We broke out into an awesome snowball fight after. Then we had to plan for zone training meeting which was on Friday. This week we didn't have a whole lot of time to work.

So my whole mission I've never come across a "HARD" week. I've never really thought this work was hard. If we served with all our heart might mind and strength the Lord would ease our burdens. This week was different though. It was the hardest week I've had on my mission. I've never been sworn at and rejected so much. So as a mission a few transfers ago we started the whole 3 new investigators a week thing. The Lord has never made me work so hard to find people to teach. 

I was reminded of the story in the Book of Mormon with ..

ALMA 26:27

"27:Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

 There were so many times when Elder Boy and I had talked to so many people and got rejected so many times that we felt like we needed to go to a different area. But we shouldn't leave an area without first finding our purpose of why we went there.So literally the last door we knocked or the last person we talked to was the one that was interested. It was really cool to see that scripture in affect. 

I know this church is true. So many times this week people denied what we said to be true and bashed with us. But there is one thing they cant say isn't true and that is my testimony. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary and to testify to people about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I hope you all have a great week.


-Elder Loertscher


​Here is our new zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment