Thursday, November 5, 2015

Happy Halloween

Holy cow this was a eventful week. Where to start. On Tuesday we went on exchanges with one of our district leaders in our zone. We had a really successful day. We were able to find a lot of new investigators. That night we had splits with our ward. All of the youth came out on visits. Elder Fernandes and I took 2 priests with us and went and visited their friends. It made me so excited to go home and share the gospel with my friends. This week we also went on exchanges with the Assistants. We both went into their area. We saw a lot of success. Had some super funny stories from this exchange. Here is one of them. We taught this lady the whole restoration and she stopped us as soon as we got to the Book of Mormon. She said now I agree with everything you have stated up until this point but "I'm a baptist". We said that's great but let us explain the Book of Mormon. She said again "I'm baptist". We said if you agree with everything we have said then you will understand the need for the Book of Mormon. She said "I'm baptist". We said okay what if God told you not to be baptist anymore what would you do. "I'm baptist' It was probably one of the most frustrating things ever. There is a level of complacency and she was too comfortable where she was at. That is where the growth cycle comes in handy.(will be shown later on in email). This Halloween we had a stake party. There was a lot of people there. There was some awesome costumes. In the picture below the guy in the back ground (Bro. Munn) didn't dress up. That is his real beard. It is crazy long. Our curfew Halloween night though was 7:00pm. So we had to be in a little early. Elder Fernandes and I got ice cream and watched Meet the Mormons ( for the 100th time) (its still a good movie). In church this week the Sunday school teacher was sick so we taught the lesson. We talked about the family responsibilities. It was really good to get a reminder of what things I need to do as a son, future father, and future spouse. In priesthood meetings we talked about goal setting. I love the quote by Henry Ford "if you always do what you've always done, then you will always get what you always got". We need to be adaptable. We need to look for change if our results aren't what we are looking for. During testimony meeting I got up and bore my testimony on the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost using the part of the intro. to the Book of Mormon. There was a lot of learning experiences I had this week. I love the things a mission teaches you. The spiritual part of the email will be with the Growth Cycle.  

-Elder Loertscher


​This was at our ward Halloween party. There were some pretty sweet constumes.


Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment