Monday, March 16, 2015

The Ups and Downs of the Mission

Monday- We had a awesome pday. We played basketball for 6 1/2 hours. I was so dead after.
Tuesday- We had 2 lessons planned and they fell through. So we went out tracting and had little success. It was a long day
Wednesday- We had our 3 month interview with our mission president and his wife. We had a lesson planned and it fell through also. Super upsetting. We helped a member carry a medical bed out of a window and into a truck. That was interesting. 
Thursday- We had weekly planning and then a lesson with one of our investigators once again fell through. So many people cancelled on us this week it was soooooo frustrating. 
Friday- We had district meeting and then we FINALLY had a lesson with one of our investigators. It was awesome. That was the most exciting part of our day.
Saturday- We went and contacted some referrals we got which sounded super promising and both of them were bogus. After that we helped out investigator clean his apartment. It was so interesting. His apartment lets just say could have been on the show hoarders. I will share a little of that experience with you. So there was a bunch of random things everywhere. By his bed there was this game stop bag and on it there was spoons with dried coffee(need to address the w.o.w problems) so it stuck to the bag. Also on this bag was his retainer with teeth on it. It fell on the floor and I had to pick it up. It was one of the nastiest things I have ever had to do because the retainer wasn't well taken care of. 
Sunday- Fast Sunday was super rough. My hunger was through the roof but after church we went to a members house and had one of the best meals I have had on mission so far. Or it may just have been the fact I was super hungry and would have eaten anything at that time but it was still super good. 
Monday- Today we are going to play softball as our zone activity. so that should be super fun. 

This whole week it has been raining like crazy so being on a bike and being soaked actually made the week a little better we always got a good laugh. It was super funny this week we were biking down the road and elder j went onto the wet grass and crashed and totally almost hit this guy. He ate it so hard. His face was covered in grass it was so funny. We are playing this game of karma right now where ironically after the other person crashes a few days later the other crashes.  So it was the case. I on the way to dinner was showing elder j this street. I turned to look down the street and hit this parked car. My bike got caught under it and I ripped a hole in my white shirt. It was so funny. He couldnt stop laughing. I dont know if I like this game but it keeps us on our toes. 

Now for something spiritual to end it. 

I would encourage you all to read D&C 88:63. I have really grown to love this scripture. "draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you. Seek me diligently and ye shall find me" When we draw near unto the savior his atoning sacrifice is infinite and will lift us high and make all of our burdens easier. If you dont have a close relationship with the savior or arent as close ass you would like to be I would encourage you to gain that relationship to level you want. Also when we draw near unto the savior we will desire to be more like him and we will in doing so gain all of his attributes. I would like to close with asking you all a question to ponder. 

Are all of us converted to the gospel? Are we learning to live the gospel path each day? 
Lastly
What are the true desires of our hearts?? 


I love you all and hope you have a great week

Love,
Elder Loertscher

No comments:

Post a Comment