Monday, November 17, 2014

October 20th-26th

I hope you all had a good week. This week we got a new investigator which was awesome because that is something we have been struggling in for a while now. It is hard to tract for the YSA ward. Our investigator is progressing really well towards her baptism. This week we got to try donut hot dogs. The hamburgers were better but the hot dogs were pretty good. On Monday football got a little to intense and elder M ripped my shirt. This week we tracted quite a bit and we knocked into this one guy who was interested but he had a family so we had to give him off as a referral. We were also walking down the road and me and Elder M were messing around and this guy asked us if we were having fun and we said yes. We went to talk to him and he told us that he listens to this Catholic-Mormon debate and he had some questions and we were able to answer them the best we could. He wanted to meet with us another time and go through the lessons with us. It was super cool having success tracking because we have a really hard time with that in YSA. It was a good week. I got some pretty cool info. I heard that the movie holes was filmed in ridge crest which is really close to where i am at. Also part of the movie planet of the apes was also filmed there. The temperature is starting to cool down finally. This week it was around the 70's. It felt so good. 

I wanted to share with you the most humbling part of the week. So we had baptism interviews for the sister in Tehachapi and there was three children that got interviewed. I talked to the little girl after she got out of her interview and i asked her what are you going to ask Santa for this year. Keep in mind this is a 9 year old little girl. Her response was this "well I already got what I wanted but all I want for Christmas is a family that loves and cares for me". Her brother who was 11 told me that his birthday was two days before his baptism. He said "the best birthday present I could ever ask for was to be baptized". This little girl and boy were the most humble children I have ever met. I hope we can all learn a valuable lesson from this. It isn't about all the valuables for the holidays. Be grateful for your family and all the things you have. 

There was a quote I wanted to share with you.

"The altitude you climb in life is based on the attitude you have"



I hope you all have a great week.
Displaying IMG_0501.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment