Monday, November 17, 2014

November 10th to November 16th

This week went really well. We had transfers on Tuesday, I got transferred to Bakersfield 1st ward. I moved to another apartment in the same complex and I already knew the area so I didn't really get transferred. The bishop of the 1st ward is Sister Stanton's dad so he was excited when I got called to the ward and likewise I am happy to serve in it. This week was a rude awakening on how I need to be working out more and how much I miss soccer because it kept me fit. We have two sets of missionaries serving in the first ward and so it is a car share which means half of the week we have a car and the other half we bike. The hill we have to bike up each night is a killer on the thighs but it is good to get an extra workout. We white washed the area which means me and my new companion Elder Park replaced two missionaries that were in the area before us. White washing an area is hard because no one is familiar with the ward or the people or how the area is. So this week was spent meeting members and introducing ourselves to our investigators. It is still in the 50's here. I don't want it to get cold i enjoy this weather it is at right now. It is weird so during the day we wear short sleeves because it is hot and then once it hits 4:00 pm we go inside and put on sweaters and jackets because the temperature drops like crazy. It was a good week. I hope yours was just as good and I hope this next week is even better. 

Love,
Elder Loertscher


Displaying IMG_0635.JPG

Here is my new companion Elder P. He is super cool. I am so excited to serve with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment