Friday, August 15, 2014

New Week!!!!

Wow what a week hopefully i can get it all in a summary and it still make sense or i will be here writing all day. Lets just jump right into it.
August 9th. 
A sister in our district i wont reveal her name but she got sent home because she had a seizure. It was stress induced so she met with the MTC president and he made the decision for her that she needed to go home. She asked me for a blessing. and then she was off and on her way. It was sad to see her go because she was only at the MTC for four days but i hope all is well with her and her family. I had another cool experience when i gave that blessing. I am so happy i can use the prieshood to help others. Other than that it was a pretty normal day filled with classroom studies and reading sciptures.
August 10th
We went to sacrament meeting with our zone. In our zone there are like twenty-five people. After sacrament meeting the day was filled with meetings for me as District leader. At the end of the day we went to a devotional and then we watched a MTC film by david a bednarz his talk was on christ like charateristics. I was so moved by the spirit. He really helped me find the importance of making the transition of moving outwards rather than inwards and not focusing on myself. I am very selfish and it made me rethink how i live my life. I need to make sure im serving others way before i even think about myself.
August 11th 
We tought Hank today. I thought that went really well. We continued to talk to him about the plan of salvation. We think he understands it really well and that we are making good progress with him. Today was honestly the hardest day yet. I was thinking about my family and brittany all day and it was hard to get them off my mind. Brother Dopp i swear is the most amazing man i have ever met. I am so glad he is my teacher. He taught us a lesson today on prayer that will make me completely rethink how i pray and what i include in my prayer. We need to be less selfish in things we ask our Heavenly Father for. Tonight we started TRC which is where we teach and (investigator) a member who pretends to be an investigator. There are some real investigators in the program and we dont know who they are so the lessons need to be taught well.
August 12th
Today was another awesome day we skipped going to the classroom and just had our studies in our room. Then we went to our service project. our service project was sweeping the sidewalk. (Fun right) Then we went to lunch and gym time. I played basketball with some elders. Then the day kinda went super serious from here. Another sister in our district has a little bit of depression and she might be getting sent home. She had me give her a blessing after instruction by MTC president to do so. I LOVE THE HOLY GHOST and i will never do anything in my life to interupt the constant companionship of the spirit. Today elder rosales and i did something called a book of mormon read. He told me something he was struggling with. We prayed and then we opened to a random page in the book of mormon. It was crazy. We opened up to Helaman ch 4 which talks about sinning. He wasnt having a problem with that but the spirit gave us insight on how we could apply it to his life. I love elder Rosales. He tells me everyday how thankful he is to be a leader in his life and to be here for him to help him. Elder Rosales was baptized one year ago. He is a convert of a year and it out on a mission. I am so inspired by his testimony. It should be him that i am thanking.
August 13th
ITS OFFICIALLY BEEN ONE WEEK 
Its crazy how time flies. I learned today that i need to leave my will up to the lord and not constantly worry whats next in my life. I know that if i chose the right i will be blessed. Especially for serving a mission. I learned today that i need to love the missionaries for what they are doing and not who they are. I was getting really annoyed with some of them but then i had to realize i need to view them and love them how our heavenly father would love them.
August 14th
Today we had in-field orientation. We were all dreading it because it was all day. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. it was honestly really amazing. I feel like i have learned alot of tips and tricks to be a successfull missionary in California. After dinner we went back to the class room to have a lesson with Brother Dopp. This man continues to blow my mind. He has honestly impacted my life in such a way i could never thank him enough. He took us to see some pictures that were in the hallway of the main building at the MTC. He told us to walk around and look at some pictures we liked and write notes in our journals. He then stopped us all and brought us to the picture where Jesus Christ is washing peters feet. He then explained that story in a way where we would rethink how we spend our time during the sacrament. He told us that peter told jesus "you dont need to wash my feet, i can was wash my own". The savior responded if i dont wash your feet then you have no part with me. (was essentially what he was saying) Bro Dopp then continued to tell us to rethink how we spent our time during sacrament. Are we texting? tweeting? checking intagram? Brothers and sisters focus that time on recognizing the sacrafice your savior made for you. Continue to live your lives in such a way that you are always feeling the spirit.
August 15th
This morning we woke up and went to the temple at 7:00 am. That was amazing i have been praying for confirmation on a question and i got an answer. 

I got my travel info. 
I have to report the MTC travel offices at 2:30 am monday morning
I fly to the L.A airport and will get there around 6:30 and have a two and a half hour lay over then we fly to bakersfield. We will get there around 9:45 we will then go to the mission presidents home and then from there its all real.
Thank you so much to those of you who wrote dear elders thats what honestly kept me going this week. When president platt talked about me being blessed with health and giving blessing to help others. Ive given 5 blessings in almost a week and half. Im thankful for the spirit and all the opportunities that i have.

No comments:

Post a Comment